Friday 2 January 2015

2014-2015 Admin

I could probably do a post on how to sort your New Year's admin if you like, but if you clicked the header hoping that this post would be it, I'm afraid I'll have to disappoint you. Mostly because my current approach to it is "hide under my duvet and hope it goes away", so I'm not sure I can help you.

Today I'm here to give you a quick overview of how I see this blog going in the next couple of months and beyond. The worst of the winter holidays is over, for the most part, but I give it about two weeks until the little heart shaped decorations start worming their way into most commercial outlets. Falling in what is often the coldest month of the year, Valentine's Day can be all kinds of difficult for all kinds of people. So rest assured, HOotD will be sticking around at least until then.

After February 14th, the blog will go on a bit of a hiatus. If I get any requests for more posts, I will certainly consider them! But since Easter is much less of a big deal where I live, and we're pretty much out of major gathering type holidays for the time being, HOotD will go quiet from mid-February until the run-up to Thanksgiving. I'll be blogging elsewhere throughout that time.

Around mid-October I will be putting out a call for contributors. In 2015 I'd like to give you a greater quantity and variety of content, because I'm pretty happy with how this has gone, but I can't sustain the daily post schedule I'd have liked to put out this year by myself. So if you fancy a guest spot here, let me know and I'll make a note to contact you nearer the time. :)

I'll also be taking requests for the next six weeks, so if there's anything you'd particularly like to see me write about, let me know in the comments or tweet me @theviciouspixie.

Have a great weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment